Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

its away!! ......again!!

Ok, the manuscript is once again in Caitlin's hands, off for another tour of the Mannhatten literary publishing world. I'm typing tonights blog entry on my droid...and it sucks! Yrs, definitely not the most efficient way to do a blog entry.

So what did I change? Well, mostly the voice. Its amazing how different it is now than the conversational voice I had before. Before the two main characters would go back and forth, but eery editor rejected that idea as too disruptive. So now each of the two boys have longer sections that make more sense for their characters and don't interrupt the action.

Basic rule I broke: story is King. Even though it seems clever to throw some kind of gimmick in there, never, EVER take your reader out of the story.

Well, live and learn, right? Hopefully I've done better this time. I shall remain optimistic that it will be so.

Meanwhile, I'm still working on my sooN-to-be-WORKING AWESOME CRITIQUE GROUP FINDER (patent pending) for scbwi. Here's to it finally doing what it's supposed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts