Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Next Steps in the Process

So, the revised manuscript is complete.  I've made the changes my agent wanted, including a new ending which was easier than I thought, surprisingly.  Now I've got to review it carefully, have a couple of kids read it (including my own), and the back to the agent it goes!

Now, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but she said she wants to send it out to publishers in mid-September or so.  Seems August is a bad time to try and get something to vacationing editors and is a sign that it's not really something too hot.  September and October they're coming back from vacation and ready to start loading up for next summer, I guess.

So, we may go through a few more small corrections or changes, but basically I'm feeling like this is the last go round before we start shopping it.

I'm very excited!  Especially because this time I have a new reader checking it for me - Ethan Lower, a friend's son.  He's good because he's brand new - doesn't know the story line, doesn't know the area, doesn't know the history.  Should be interesting to see what he thinks.

Anyway, that's all for now.  I've got to get reading - my goal is to have it proof-read by end of week.

Tomorrow, I'll talk a bit about my hero and his life that I'm reading about now:  Walt Disney!

1 comment:

Popular Posts