Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Monday, April 11, 2011

What a weekend!

First off - SUCCESS!! The editor agreed to re-read the manuscript after I made the changes to clear up the narrative. Also, she (as well as others) agreed that the dual first narrative shouldn't be a problem, as long as the transition made sense and didn't interrupt a scene. So I have to do that. Plus I learned so much that I'm able to add to the story (more on that later this week).

I had a blast telling my story over and over again, getting people as excited about it as I was. Two more editors are willing to take a look so I'm asking Caitlin to submit to them too, I just sent her a note. I'll let you know what she says.

These conferences are a blast. If you're not a member of your local SCWBI chapter, join up! It's a great way to network and learn from published authors who have a ton of experience.

I'll go over a full run-down throughout the week. To all my new friends from SCWBI, great seeing you again and hope we stay in touch!

Write on baby!

2 comments:

  1. Woots. Those conferences seem so great. I keep saying one day I'll go. I'm a member of SCBWI, though. I'll have to check out what's happening in my local chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title of your blog. Makes me think I should have made more effort to push past the kinky peeps and engaged you in more thoughtful conversation.

    About jelly bean poo.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts