Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Doing Double Duty

I feel like I'm in a fog - my characters are on a park bench somewhere lounging about waiting to know what happens next.  Or rather, dying to TELL me what happened next but I won't give them the time of day.

Thus is the challenge of looking for a job while trying to write.

When I'm in JOB MODE, I'm thinking project management, risk management, strategic benefit realization, process optimization, and power point slides.

Try putting THAT to use while thinking of how Jeff & Ben ward off the evil Professor Ferguson in the midst of the Civil War.

Anyone else get that way?  If so, leave a comment as to what you do to focus one way or another.  I'd love to get some insights - anything that would help me go from one life to another.  Oh and installation of a toggle switch isn't really an option...unless they've already invented something like that.

Well, I must press on, I guess.  Three more applications for jobs out today, bringing the total to 42.  The second book is partially outlined, but not to a level that makes any sense.  And no word from Special Agent CB about the latest draft.

I'm OPTIMISTIC though that she'll like the changes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts