Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Order is Required

Ahhh...now the desk, which had been in disarray the past couple of weeks, is back in order.  Things are neatly stacked or put  away, and I have space.

Kind of representative of the mind, no?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have to have some sense of order in my work area before I write, otherwise thoughts get cluttered like the papers scattered in the whirlwind of my desk.

Now I can focus on the writing - I'm going to try a series synopsis at a higher level - see if I can't figure out what each character wants throughout the stories and how they evolve.

Hopefully that'll answer the question of whether or not the children should age (a la Harry Potter) or stay the same with the five books taking place over a matter of months.   We'll see.

Happy writing, and remember - less clutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts