Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Silence is annoying...but to be expected...

Well, according to Chuck, agent communication can be a feast or famine kinda thing.  I guess it makes sense - as they get more involved with other projects I guess they tune everyone else out.

Nice.

Ya know, someday I'm gonna have them at my beck and call.  They'll be calling ME wondering why I haven't said anything in a few weeks.  But I'll have them get in touch with my PR person.  Cuz I'd have to fit them in between the signings and the movie discussions and well, actual writing.

Someday.

Meantime, I'm getting further along with my memoirs of being unemployed.  However, I'm not a big memoir fan, so I guess I better bone up on it.

They say never write something you'd never read.  Or that you've never read.  The format may or may not be the memoir genre, it just feels like me rambling.  But it seems to make sense, and it is relevant to my experience.  So I'll just keep at it until I grow tired of it.

Meantime, I'm also outlining the next book in The Timepiece Chronicles, just to keep hope alive.  I'm using the outline technique that I stole from J.K. Rowling and outlined here.  I gotta tell ya, that woman must write SMALL.  I don't know how she fits it all in such tiny boxes.

But that's really the point isn't it?  If you can't sum up a chapter plot point in a few words, you probably need to rethink it and narrow it down some.

Well, anyway, back to work.  Be well, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts