Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Some sound advice from my man Chuck.

Ok, I'm probably not close enough to call him "my main man", which also sounds a little moronic, but I did write to him about agent expectations.  After all, the man wrote the book on agents...ok, the man wrote the Guide to Literary Agents...so he should know right?

Chuck's a great guy, and I'm gonna plug his blog again here, just cause he responded to me.

Anyway, he said that I shouldn't worry about it.  His book, "How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack: Defend Yourself When the Lawn Warriors Strike (And They Will)", was just published.  It looks hysterical and I can't wait to read it.

But the revisions from his agents took EIGHT MONTHS to get back to him.  Wow.  Now granted, Chuck's probably repped by some high-profile, ICM or Agent-to-the-stars kinda company, and his agent was probably busy typing notes on Dean Koontz's latest manuscript, but still...EIGHT MONTHS?!?

Well, Chuck did acknowledge that he probably should've been a little more pressing around month three or four.  Eight months seems too long.

So my next question to him is:  what about communication?  Is it too much to ask that the agent just acknowledge your existence?  A simple five word email:  I'll get back to you.  Something!

So we'll see what he says next.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts