Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ground Ball to Second!

Ok, sports fans, to recap our current lineup:  The following editors agreed to review my manuscript after my agent Caitlin pitched it to them.  Here they are

1) Simon and Schuster
2) Scholastic 
6) Egmont (From the UK!)

And on the bench (for no particular reason)
Harper (Just plain Harper I guess)

So far, one strike out:  Simon & Schuster passed.  Now as I promised, I've included all rejection letters and have also posted Caitlin's pitch so everyone can see what the process is.  Take a look and let me know what you think.  I like the pitch, and I was very glad to see the editor at S&S's reaction to Caitlin's submission.  Obviously Caitlin has developed a good reputation for sending quality work along, which made me very happy.

So first batter up, knocks a hard ground ball to second.  A good stroke, but not enough to get on base.  NEXT BATTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts