Optimism is NOT Arrogance

Arrogance is the belief that you are BETTER than others. Optimism is the belief that you have the same CHANCE as others. We all have the chance to achieve our dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Slow Going

No word from Caitlin after the barrage of rejections - but that's ok, I'm still working on revising the whole story to be third person.  It's not really as hard as you may think.  Most of the narrative translates pretty easily, just changing "I thought" to "he thought".  Some of the inner dialogue has to go, or I had to make it be outer dialogue.  But the action, plot, etc. is still pretty much the same.

One of the questions I asked Caitlin was along the lines of "boy, I hope I'm not damaging your reputation by having you send out this crap", but she laughed it off.  Here's what she said:

"...don't worry about my reputation!  Editors pass constantly on things from every agent.  Even when I have big money auctions for books there are still tons of editors who have passed for one reason or another."


Of course - I just saw the "BIG MONEY AUCTIONS" part.  


SOMEDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts